- 5 portobello mushrooms, stemmed and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 zucchini, cut into 2-by-1/2-inch sticks
- 1 red onion, halved and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 8 corn tortillas (4 1/2-inch size)
- 6 ounces Monterey Jack, shredded (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved or quartered
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss mushrooms with 1 teaspoon oregano, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and the water; season with salt and pepper. On another baking sheet, toss zucchini and onion with remaining oregano and olive oil; season with salt and pepper.
Roast, tossing occasionally, until vegetables are browned and fork-tender, 25 to 30 minutes (zucchini may cook faster than mushrooms).
Using tongs, hold each tortilla directly over a gas flame, turning, until heated through, about 5 seconds. (Alternatively, wrap tortillas in parchment, then foil, and warm in a 350 degrees oven.)
To serve, fill each tortilla with mushrooms, vegetable mixture, shredded cheese, and tomatoes.