- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 12-oz. package frozen spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry with a towel
- kosher salt, to taste
- 1/2 can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes, drained
- 1-2 cups pepper jack cheese
- 1/2 bag tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Spread nachos out in an even layer.
- In a medium sauce pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Whisk in the flour until completely free of lumps. Let cook for one minute, whisking constantly. Whisk in the cream until free of lumps. Cover and let simmer until thickened, about 5 minutes. Do not boil.
- Turn off heat and stir in spinach, artichokes, and salt. Pour the mixture evenly over the chips. Top with tomatoes and pepper jack cheese (use more or less cheese to taste).
- Bake chips for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.