- 10 oz Italian sausage (hot or mild) removed from casings
- ½ cup shallots, diced
- 4 cups assorted veggies, chopped and lightly seasoned with salt and pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 cups light cream
- 2 cups parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp salt
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1 lb pasta, cooked just under al dente
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook sausage until browned. Drain fat from meat and reserve 2 Tbsp of fat.
- Saute shallots in reserved fat over medium-high heat until translucent. Add veggies and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Add garlic and cook for two more minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ricotta, cream, parmesan cheese, eggs, salt and pepper. Stir to incorporate. Add cooked pasta and veggies. Stir to coat.
- Pour into a 9×13 baker and bake in a 350º oven for 30-35 minutes or until golden.