- 1 (2-pound) center-cut boneless, skinless salmon fillet
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- fine sea salt, divided, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup packed baby spinach, divided
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for baking sheet
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
Preheat oven to 450°F.
Butterfly salmon fillet through the center so that it lays open flat in one large piece like a book. Turn salmon over so gray underside is facing up and arrange on a clean work surface. In a bowl, mash together ricotta and feta until well blended.
Season salmon with half of the salt and pepper then spread fillet with mustard and arrange half of the spinach over the top, leaving a 1-inch border around the edges. Evenly spread cheese mixture on top of spinach then top with remaining spinach. Starting from one of the long sides, gently roll up salmon and tie snugly with cooking twine at 1-inch intervals.
Gently transfer salmon to an oiled baking sheet then brush top and sides with oil and season outside with remaining salt and pepper. Scatter dill and oregano over the top and sides and roast until just cooked through, about 20 minutes. Set aside to let rest for 5 minutes then carefully transfer to a serving platter, remove and discard twine and serve.