Archive for May, 2014
INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED:
1 lb Asparagus- Steamed
12 oz Smart Taste Penne- Cooked
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
1 lb Chicken Breast- Cubed and Cooked
1/2 Cup Shredded Parmesan
1) Add all ingredients into a 9 x13 pan and stir to combine.
2) Top with Cheese and Broil for 5 minutes or until cheese is golden.
- 2 (15.5oz each) cans chickpeas (garbanzo beans) rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup edamame (soy beans)
- 1/3 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup carrots, diced
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon white distilled vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- In a large bowl combine chickpeas, edamame, red pepper, green pepper, carrots, dried cranberries, minced garlic and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine grapeseed oil, olive oil, vinegar, sugar, oregano, basil and rosemary. Whisk until blended.
- Pour dressing over chick peas and gently toss.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes for flavors to blend.
- Serve chilled.
- 4 extra large sweet potatoes, cooked and peeled
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 12-oz. frozen corn
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 4-5 slices serrano pepper, seeds removed
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic from a jar
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 8-oz. Kefir (yogurt cheese)
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper or more to taste
- handful of chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ to 1 cup of cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese as garnish
- Fresh cilantro as garnish
- ½ gallon coconut milk
- Bake sweet potatoes in 400° oven until done.
- Mine took about 2 hours because they were large.
- Set aside potatoes to cool a little, then peel.
- In a large Dutch oven place frozen corn and roast with chili powder and cumin for about 5 minutes.
- Stir constantly so corn doesn’t stick. (You can add a little coconut oil to avoid sticking if you prefer).
- Add onion, red pepper, serrano pepper, salt, pepper, garlic, and cilantro.
- Continue sautéing until veggies are done.
- Add kefir cheese to sweet potatoes.
- Beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Stir sweet potatoes in corn mixture and add black beans.
- Slowly stir coconut milk into Dutch oven and heat over medium heat until cooked through.
- Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with cheddar cheese and fresh cilantro as desired.
You can garnish this soup with croutons or French bread, sprinkle with cheese and melt in oven about 10 minutes.
OTHER OPTIONS: Add sliced leeks or salsa when sautéing the corn.
Greek yogurt can be substituted for the kefir cheese.